Our mission is to coordinate, evaluate, and promote location-specific, evidence-based interventions that support healthy behavior changes to optimize performance and resilience in the Kaiserslautern Military Community and our supported GSUs.
Our services include:
- Evaluating and implementing health communication interventions that promote healthy behaviors.
- Providing unit commanders, first sergeants, and superintendents with actionable data on Airmen’s health and identify high-risk units with suboptimal population health metrics.
- Collaborating with unit commanders to implement evidence-based unit health interventions that promote Airmen’s health, fitness, and mission performance.
- Coordinating internal and external educational resources for individuals on tobacco-free living, optimal nutrition, physical activity, sleep and fatigue management, and healthy weight.
- Assessing population health needs and interests for the installation(s) and surrounding community.
- Building 86th Medical Group capacities to effectively deliver clinical interventions that address health behaviors.
In-house services for individuals or groups include:
- Body composition assessments via the InBody (available to anyone)
- Tobacco Cessation resources and one on one support
- Health and Wellness coaching (available to anyone)
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (active duty service members only, via primary care manager referral)
- Human Performance Briefings covering nutritional fitness, supplement safety, tobacco-free living, sleep hygiene, healthy eating made easy, shift work, weight loss, and physical activity (available to anyone).
- Nutrition Classes (Held at 7:30 a.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month in the Building 2117A conference room; available to anyone)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Health Promotion Located?
Building 2117A, Harmon Avenue.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Please call Health Promotion at 06371-47-1799, 06371-47-1689, or DSN 480-1799, 480-1689
Do I need a referral?
Referrals are needed for Medical Nutrition Therapy.
Can dependents schedule nutrition assessments?
While priority for Medical Nutrition Therapy is given to active duty service members, all other assessments services are open to DOD ID cardholders. TRICARE beneficiaries may be seen by a registered dietitian at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center without a referral. To request an appointment, please call DSN 590-7144 or 06371-9464-7144.