Our mission is to coordinate, evaluate, and promote location-specific, evidence-based interventions that support healthy behavior change to optimize performance and resilience in the KMC-area and our supported GSUs.
Our services include:
- Evaluating and implementing health communication interventions that promote healthy behaviors.
- Providing unit commanders, first sergeants, and superintendents with actionable data on Airmen health and identify high-risk units with suboptimal population health metrics.
- Collaborating with unit commanders to implement evidence-based unit health interventions that promote Airmen health, fitness, and mission performance.
- Coordinating internal and external educational resources for individuals on tobacco-free living, optimal nutrition, physical activity, sleep and fatigue management, and healthy weight.
- Assessing population health needs and interests for the installation(s) and surrounding community.
- Building 86th Medical Group capacities to effectively deliver clinical interventions that address health behaviors.
In-house services for individuals or groups include:
- Body composition and metabolism testing via the BOD POD (available to anyone)
- Tobacco Cessation resources and occasional group programs
- Nutritional counseling (available to anyone)
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (TRICARE beneficiaries only; via primary care manager referral)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Health Promotion Located?
Harmon Avenue, Building 2177A.
What patient services are offered?
- Body Composition Analysis (Bodpod)
- Nutrition Assessments Nutrition Education Classes
How do I schedule an appointment?
Please call Health Promotion at 06371-47-1799, 06371-47-1689 or DSN 480-1799, 480-1689.
Do I need a referral?
No referral is needed.
Can dependents schedule nutrition assessments?
Priority is given to active duty members, however nutrition classes are offered several times a month and open to all DOD ID cardholders.