Women's Health & Pregnancy
Women's Health refers to comprehensive women’s health care as well as health issues that are unique to women, including:
- Conditions of the Female Organs
Be sure to get early and regular prenatal care to ensure you have a healthy pregnancy. You should also get recommended breast cancer, cervical cancer, and bone density screenings.
Our goal is to ensure the health and readiness of all women at every stage of life.
Women's Health Services
Our primary care physicians at the 86th Medical Group provide women’s health services including but not limited to contraception and evaluation of concerns related to the female reproductive system. A referral will be placed as needed for patients requiring specialty Obstetric or Gynecologic care.
Services include the following:
- Contraceptive Care
- Prescription of contraception
- Placement and removal of long-acting reversible contraceptives, including; Nexplanon and IUDs
- Cervical cancer screening
- Evaluation of concerns related to the menstrual cycle
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Evaluation of breast concerns
TRICARE Covered Services
TRICARE covers well-woman exams annually for women under age 65 with no cost-share or copayment. TRICARE offers coverage for many women’s health services, including:
For women who are age 65 and older and using TRICARE For Life, you can still get women’s preventive screenings. Get more information about these and other TRICARE covered services at: https://tricare.mil/coveredservices/isitcovered/