Our mission is to coordinate, evaluate, and promote location-specific, evidence-based interventions that support healthy behavior change to optimize performance and resilience in the KMC-area and our supported GSUs. Examples of how we support this mission are listed below:
- Evaluating and implementing health communication interventions that promote healthy behaviors
- Providing unit commanders, first sergeants, and superintendents with actionable data on Airmen health, and identify high-risk units with suboptimal population health metrics
- Collaborating with unit commanders to implement evidence-based unit health interventions that promote Airmen health, fitness, and mission performance
- Coordinating internal and external educational resources for individuals on tobacco-free living, optimal nutrition, physical activity, sleep and fatigue management, and healthy weight
- Assessing population health needs and interests for the installation(s) and surrounding community
- Building 86th Medical Group capacities to effectively deliver clinical interventions that address health behaviors
Ramstein Health Promotion Services:
Our facility offers the following services in person for individuals or groups; open to all DOD ID cardholders unless otherwise specified:
- InBody health assessments via the InBody 270
- Tobacco cessation resources and one-on-one quit support
- Health and wellness coaching
- Medical nutrition therapy (Active duty service members only)
- Human performance briefings covering nutritional fitness, supplement safety, tobacco-free living, sleep hygiene, healthy eating made easy, shift work, weight loss, and physical activity
- Nutrition classes rotating topics (Second Thursday of each month at 7:30 a.m.)
- Best SELF healthy behaviors class (Fourth Thursday of each month at 7:30 a.m.)
To schedule a one-on-one appointment for tobacco cessation or health and wellness coaching, or to schedule human performance briefings for a group, please call Health Promotion at 06371-47-1799 or DSN 480-1799 or email the org box at email@example.com. Referrals are not needed for these services.
Sign up for existing classes or InBody health assessments using TRICARE Online. Referrals are not needed for these services.
To request an appointment for Medical Nutrition Therapy, active duty service members should request a nutrition referral from their Primary Care Manager. Once the referral has processed, call 06371-47-1689 or DSN 480-1689 to schedule your appointment.
Our clinic does not currently offer Medical Nutrition Therapy to military dependents. Please contact the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center’s Nutrition Care Division for this service. To request an appointment, please call 06371-9464-7144 or DSN 590-7144.
What TRICARE Covers
Insurance is not required for most of Health Promotion’s general wellness services.
TRICARE covers medical nutrition therapy and counseling in inpatient and outpatient settings. TRICARE also covers the following medically necessary food, medical equipment, supplies, and services. You must get these from a TRICARE authorized provider. The referrals are for certain covered diseases and conditions only.
See a Complete List of Covered Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Health Promotion Located?
Building 2117A, Harmon Avenue.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Please call Health Promotion at 06371-47-1799.
Do I need a referral?
Referrals are needed for Medical Nutrition Therapy. All other services are by walk-in or can be scheduled via phone call or email as above.
Can dependents schedule nutrition assessments?
While priority for Medical Nutrition Therapy is given to active duty service members, all other services are open to all DOD ID cardholders. TRICARE beneficiaries may be seen by a registered dietitian at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center without a referral. To request an appointment, please call 06371-9464-7144, or DSN 590-7144..
Telephone: 06371-47-1799 or DSN 480-1799